Theatre Unit Manager
To lead good patient experience that meets the Hospital’s clinical standards through management of human and clinical resources in a structured Unit.
KEY WORK REQUIREMENTS:
- Must be registered with the South African Council as a Professional Nurse.
- A qualification in Operating Theatre Nursing Science
- At least 3 years’ experience as a Unit Manager in Theatre
- Sound knowledge and application of relevant Theatre and CSSD policies and procedures
- Management of surgical equipment and instruments
- Sound knowledge of the Scientific Nursing Processes and BCA Bundles
- Good planning and organising skills
- Good interpersonal, communication, leadership and management skills
- Ability to adapt and respond to change
- Must be self-disciplined and a role model to subordinates in the Unit and throughout the Hospital
- Must be prepared to work Hospital calls and long hours when the need arises
- Ability to display sound judgment in problem-solving
- Identify, investigate, report and address near-misses and adverse events.
- Cost-effective management of stock and equipment in the Unit
- Build and maintain relationship with the surgeons and reps to facilitate the achievement of the Unit goals
- Ensure a positive patient experience by recruiting, developing and retaining competent staff whose behaviour reflects the Company values
- Ensure optimal utilization of human resources
- Staff management – onboarding, reboarding, performance management and discipline
- Ensures compliance with the Company policies and procedures
- Ensures a therapeutic and safe patient environment by maintaining Health and Safety standards in the Unit
- Support the Human Resources Department in the achievement of people management outcomes
- Responsible for own and team work outputs and departmental objectives
- Make decisions based on sound judgements taking into consideration the Unit and Hospital goals, resources, constraints and potential risks.
- Identify and manages all risks in the Unit
- Compile and manage operational, staffing and capital budget
Should you have experience in the above, send your extensive updated cv to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.