Technical Sales Rep
R45K + commission ( Included in CTC – Car allowance, petrol card).
Suitable candidate must have a valid drivers licence, own reliable vehicle and have a proven track record with calling on clients, bringing new business and making target.
Duties for this position include, but are not limited to:
- Identifying and Acquiring New Business
- Conduct process evaluations and introduce constant improvement initiatives utilising the latest technology available.
- Maintain and Grow Existing Customer base through cross selling and up selling including the correct package concept.
- Preparing Proposals and Quotations
- Negotiating Service Level agreements
- Providing Pre-Sales and Post-Sales Support.
- Providing Product Education and Advice
- Maintain an up to date pipeline of prospects in accordance with company procedures.
- Using the Weekly call planner (SPI Tool), to work out daily priorities, log and track all contacts and companies at every stage of the sales process with prospects and clients.
- To provide accurate, detailed and timely information regarding all prospects and sales activities to the sales manager weekly through a One on One session using the Weekly
- Keep weekly contact with the workshop in terms of customer’s tool repairs.
- Manage product pricing and communicate price increases as they occur
- Achieve if not exceed monthly sales targets
- Knowledge of the Syspro System and or a similar ERP system
- Microsoft Office literate.
- Must be a good verbal communicator with relevant key points
- Must have ability to construct relevant structured reports
- Sales skills, must include CRM or sales process experience.
- Self-confident while remaining composed under pressure
- Expressive and passionate to a committed task/project/product
- Ability to be able to deal EFFECTIVELY with all levels of customer interaction (from buyers to production/maintenance staff to operational managers and senior management
- Be able to be an effective listener to extract specifics in problems and solutions
- Inherent ability to develop lasting personal relationships
- Ability to work as part of a team and to contribute accordingly
- Prospecting/Business Development experience.
- A technical aptitude albeit, pneumatic, hydraulic, mechanical.
- Production process or automation experience.
- Experience in the managing of specific contracts and projects including the installation of the specific equipment sold as well as operator training.
- Knowledge of the Occupation Health & Safety Act.
- Strong planning skills
- Ability to prioritise tasks/workload
- Be able to take control (inception to analysis) of product/process trials
- Ability to prepare ahead of tasks (research/analysis)
- Ability to draw out and focus on summary key drivers in a project
- Ability to be able to construct ‘mind maps’
- Control over administrative tasks
Experience & Qualifications
- Minimum, three years’ sales experience in the industrial sector
- Minimum, two years’ experience in manufacturing/ process environment.
- Experience with technical products and or have mechanical exposure.
- At least a matric pass with mechanical/ technical drawing subjects –NQF 4/5 (preferable)
- Post matric technical slant NQF 6-7 level (ideal)
- Mechanical / process theory exposure (preferable)
- Post matric financial skills set (accounting/business theory) (useful and optional)
Should you meet the above criteria, please forward your extensive cv to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Only seasoned Technical Sales Reps with the above criteria will be considered.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.